March 20th, 2019
President, Dave Pasqualicchio Report:
· SPRING!…Today marks the first day of Spring (actually 5:58pm). A month ago we were talking about it and pretty much all agreed that we wish all winters were like this past one. If there was less snow, maybe we would have less “snow birds” leaving for Florida. The F.V.A. is a lucky bunch though, as we have our trusty weather watcher Roy Diyulio always providing our weather updates!
· Annual Spring Clean Up…Is scheduled for Saturday, April 27th starting at 8:00am. C’mon out for coffee and donuts at Nuchies “Headquarters”. A couple hours of labor for the cause of beautifying Forestville isn’t asking too much.
· Upcoming F.V.A. Donations… St. Stan’s Church (100th Anniversary), Post 209 Fishing Derby, Pine Lake Fishing Derby, Forestville Little League, The Bristol Blues, United Way Day of Caring. For the UWDoC donation, the F.V.A. will once again be attending the UW Builders Reception held on April 11th with 7 representatives (5 from F.V.A. donation & 2 from CACO Print donation). As always, MJ will take care of the reservations.
· Tonight’s New Faces In The Crowd… Welcome to Eric Granados from O’Brien Funeral Home. Eric stopped by to see how we operate (not looking for any new business J). Also welcome to John & Jane Wright from Post 209!
· FVA Website…Thank you Paul Kowalczyk for keeping things up to date!! You can visit us at www.fvact.org
City Village Report:
· City Councilors – Presidents Note: No report this month. All busy with City business schedules. Guess we will just have to read it in the paper.
Presidents Note: If you get a chance, pick up the March edition of “Connecticut Prime Time”, a publication dedicated to us “older folk”. Our very own councilman Dave Mills is on the front cover and inside you will find a very nice article about our guy, his life, family, accomplishments and words of wisdom. It is a really nice read and well deserved piece.
· First Deputy, Leo Bonola (Remarks) – A rumor is floating around that the Forestville Memorial Day Parade will not be taking place this year. This is untrue! Do not let anyone tell you that the parade is not happening. The parade is scheduled for Sunday May 26th. Myself and Rick Leach are on the parade committee.
Monthly Drawing Winner: Jane Wright
· Vice President, Rick Leach: (fearless leader) – All is good, and yes…the parade will indeed take place! Also a reminder that the sign is still not fixed/positioned correctly.
· John Gianoni (Pine Lake Commissioner, FLL) – The Pine Lake Fishing Derby will be held on Sat. May 11th from 7am - noon. Bring rain gear, as it’s never a sunny day! President’s Note: John remains in charge as the boss of the Pine Lake Commission. With an 8-1 vote (the 1 being John) all remains in good hands (and he’s the only sucker to do it)
· Lt. Rich Guerrera (Community relations officer) – No Report
Rick Leach reminder: the sign is still not fixed
· Bruce Barton (Post 209) – The Post is very active and is taking new members. Our membership has doubled since last year and we are currently at 100 members. Meetings are held at Manross Library monthly. We are always looking for sensibly minded people from our community. Come check us out!
There is no truth to the rumor that the Forestville Memorial Day Parade is cancelled or is merging with the Bristol Parade. We are a separate entity and will still have our parade on Sunday May 26th.
Post 209 will be holding a Fishing Derby at Rockwell Park on Sunday May 19th starting at 8:00am.
President’s Note: Bob Getz…finance chair for Post 209 has donated $100 to the Pine Lake Fishing Derby on behalf of the Post. In return, the F.V.A. has donated $100 to their derby.
· F.V.A. Scholarship, Christine L.: The scholarship applications are in and Maryellen currently has them. We will be looking over them over the next two weeks and will send a letter to the family of the selected recipient notifying them of their $1000 scholarship award.
Correspondence Report: Maryellen Holden
- Note of Sympathy – To the family of Mike Boguslawski
- Note of Congratulations - To Officers Zachary Levine & Dustin Demonte for being selected as Bristol's Police Officers of the Year for 2018.
- Note of Congratulations/Best of Luck – To Capt. Thomas Calvello who is retiring after 32 years on the Bristol Police Force.
- Note of Congratulations/Best of Luck – To Louise DeMars on her retirement as Executive Director of the Carousel Museum after 28 years.
Treasurer Report: Joan Trafford – All accounts are in good standing. All monthly reports are available at Nuchies. Note: Feel better MJ!
Membership 2019: Joan Trafford – It is time to renew your membership. The cost is still the same, $20 for families and $50 for businesses. Current 2019 Totals: Family – 41, Business – 36.
Presidents Note: Is it time to send out membership reminders?
The Annual Spring Clean Up will be held on Saturday April 27th.
· Rex Hamilton Marker: Will be placed in the Central Square Island Bed. Looking at a late April, early May install
· Historical Marker #7: Manross Library (Christine L. will put together some history information)
· Pasta Auction – Goal would be to have the next pasta auction in the fall.
· Suggestions (?)
Upcoming Events 2019:
Next Meeting –Wednesday April 17th, 2019 @ Nuchie’s – Meeting Time 5:30pm
If you have not already renewed your membership, please renew by sending your check payable to: Forestville Village Association, c/o Mary Jane Lindquist, 81 Spark Avenue, Forestville, CT. 06010
Individual/ Family- $20.00_____, Non-Profit- $25.00______, Business - $50.00_______
Voluntary Donation - $________
Let us remember to support the businesses and non- profit organizations, who support us!
Albert & Korn, CPA’s
Allied Sanitation, Inc.
American Clock & Watch Museum
American Legion Forestville Post 209
Arf Arf Grooming, LLC
Atlantic Precision Spring, Inc.
Black Bear Auto, LLC
Bristol Instrument Gears, Inc.
Bristol Police Union
Broad Street Self Storage
CACO Print Productions, LLC
City True Value Hardware
Costello Landscaping, LLC
Classic Plumbing By Reno
Crowley Auto Group
DTF Remodeling, LLC.
Fontaine Mechanical Heating & A/C
Forestville Lawn Care
Forestville Little League
Hartford County Tattoo
Hillside Community Church
Korean Veterans Association Bristol
Martel Home Improvement, LLC
M.R. Home Care, Inc.
Nye Insurance Agency
O’Brien Funeral Home
One Fifty Central
Peter Roberge Painting Company
Red Shed Christmas Trees
RB Transmissions, LLC
Rt. 72 Liquors
Sassu Cuts, LLC
Scarritt Spas & Hot Tubs, LLC
SERVPRO of Bristol
St. Joseph Polish Society
St. Matthew R.C. Church
The Healing Corner
Ultimate Wireforms, Inc.
Tollman Spring Co.
United Way of W.C. CT
Webster Bank – Forestville
White Insulation, Inc.
Now Accepting 2019 Membership Dues
FVA established 2002