Minutes / Newsletter
November 13th, 2019
President, Dave Pasqualicchio Report:
· Welcome…A cold night recorded here in Forestville. In the low 20’s. It’s Novemburrrary weather!
· This Is It…we made it to our 9th meeting. Another year is in the books! One filled with both highs (the completion and install of the Rex Hamilton Plaque & Lt. Rich Guerrera being promoted to Captain) and lows (Dave Mills retirement as he will be truly missed at our meetings). Through it all our membership remains strong! We will miss the representatives that will no longer address our membership, but also hope that 2020 will bring some new political voices and friendly faces to our F.V.A. family.
· The Holiday Season Is Upon Us… Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas! Enjoy each day and each other! Celebrate with family and friends and remember that only YOU can make it a great day! Like I always say….”If you open a bottle of wine, finish it! If you buy a six pack of beer, finish the whole six pack”! Tomorrow is never guaranteed so live each day to the fullest!
· Congrats To All Elected Officials… A special congratulations to Mayor Ellen! She is doing a masterful job (no surprise there). Bristol is looking good. Image is so important. It is what families look at when deciding if they would like to move to our town. Lets’ continue the movement!
· Annual Pasta Fundraiser… Will be on Nov. 14th. Let me tell you what a job Leo has been doing canvasing the village. Should be a good turnout due in part to Leo’s hard work! Tickets are $10 a person and with Nuchies “Reduced Dinner Prices” the F.V.A. stands to make a few $$.
· 2nd Annual Indoor Carol Sing… The nicest event all year. The ambiance, the spirited feeling in the air, the laughter, the songs’ and stories all making for a magical evening. There will be Egg Nog, Hot Cocoa, Coffee and F.V.A. Bakers treats. Don’t forget…Santa will be here and with Nuchies being decorated for the holidays, it is a great opportunity for family photos.
· The Big Event Is Scheduled… 8 buses have been reserved and we are just a short time away from another Mohegan Sun Casino trip! Cost is $35 per person with an additional $10 if you would like the “pre-trip” pizza party. It is first come first serve so get your money in by Dec. 24th.
· It’s Almost January…which means we will have our first meeting of 2020 on January 15th that will include a Nuchies supplied buffet dinner starting at 4:30pm as well as the annual “Reading of the Card” by the one and only Maryellen Holden.
FVA Website…You can visit us at www.fvact.org Have you looked lately? Lots of info! Anyone interested in updating?
City Village Report:
· City Councilors:
Due to the retirement of Dave Mills, there is now a void in this area. Whether or not any of our newly elected officials will attend our monthly meetings is yet to be seen.
· First Deputy, Leo Bonola (Remarks) –
It is very important that you have your money in for the bus trip by the required deadline. It is very helpful with keeping things organized.
Tomorrow night is our pasta dinner and we should have roughly 102 people attending.
Monthly Drawing Winner: Pat Morneault - $20 Gift Certificate to 150 Restaurant
· Vice President, Rick Leach: (fearless leader) –
Leo and Post 209 did a nice job in organizing the Veterans Day Ceremony on Nov. 11th. I believe Post 209 is the appropriate group to organize this day moving forward.
· John Gianoni (Pine Lake Commissioner, FLL) –
The annual fishing derby will be held on May 9th, 2020. Any of the work scheduled in the Pine Lake area would start after the Derby has been held. Presidents Notes: Thank you Donna for the Death by Chocolate!!
· Bruce Barton (Legionnaire of the Year) (Post 209) –
· Lt. Mark Morello (Community relations officer) -
Correspondence Report: Maryellen Holden
- Note of Congratulations – To Mayor Ellen Zoppo and councilors
- Note of Sympathy – To Joan Trafford for the passing of her aunt Florence Dlugosz
- Thinking of You – Joan Trafford (knee replacement)
- Get Well Sent – To Monsignor Gary Simeone (St. Gregory the Great Church)
Treasurer Report: Mary Jane Lindquist –
All accounts are in good standing. All monthly reports are available at Nuchies.
F.V.A. made donations to the Zion Food Pantry ($50) and the Police Dept. Toy Drive ($100)
Membership 2019: Mary Jane Lindquist
2019 Totals: Family – 67, Business – 45. (always room for improvement)
Christmas Center Decorations
Penny, Leo and Co. will cut greens and place in the village
Continue with upgrading properties…leaf clean up, tidy up fences, don’t stock pile junk…
· Historical Marker #7: Manross Library Is next on the docket.
· Historical Marker #8: Betty Boukus, to be placed in the Honor Circle (need info)
· Pasta Dinner – Nov. 14th @ 6PM
· Mohegan Sun Bus Trip – Jan. 4th, 2020
Upcoming Events 2019:
· Annual Carol Sing – Wednesday Dec. 18th @ 6:30pm
Mary Jane Lindquist was wondering…who planted the mums and placed pumpkins on the site of the F.V.A. sign on East Main St.?
Maryellen Holden asks…Do people go to/use our website?
Lynn Savage notes…The Bristol Brass & Wind Ensemble concert on Nov. 10th was really great! You should put it on your calendar for next year!
Next Meeting –Wednesday January 15th, 2020 @ Nuchie’s – Meeting Time 5:30pm
(Kickoff Buffet Dinner Sponsored by Nuchies @ 4:30pm)
If you have not already renewed your membership, please renew by sending your check payable to…. Forestville Village Association, c/o Mary Jane Lindquist, 81 Spark Avenue, Forestville, CT. 06010
Individual/ Family- $20.00_____, Non-Profit- $25.00______, Business - $50.00_______
Voluntary Donation - $________
Let us remember to support the businesses and non- profit organizations, who support us!
Albert & Korn, CPA’s
Hillside Community Church
Allied Sanitation, Inc.
Korean Veterans Association Bristol
American Clock & Watch Museum
Martel Home Improvement, LLC
American Legion Forestville Post 209
Arf Arf Grooming, LLC
M.R. Home Care, Inc.
Atlantic Precision Spring, Inc.
Nye Insurance Agency
Black Bear Auto, LLC
O’Brien Funeral Home
Bristol Instrument Gears, Inc.
One Fifty Central
Bristol Police Union
Peter Roberge Painting Company
Broad Street Self Storage
Red Shed Christmas Trees
CACO Print Productions, LLC
RB Transmissions, LLC
City True Value Hardware
Rt. 72 Liquors
Costello Landscaping, LLC
Scarritt Spas & Hot Tubs, LLC
Classic Plumbing By Reno
SERVPRO of Bristol
Crowley Auto Group
DTF Remodeling, LLC.
St. Joseph Polish Society
St. Matthew R.C. Church
The Healing Corner
Forestville Lawn Care
Ultimate Wireforms, Inc.
Forestville Little League
Tollman Spring Co.
Hartford County Tattoo
United Way of W.C. CT
Webster Bank – Forestville
Always Accepting Membership Dues