Minutes / Newsletter
October 16th, 2019
President, Dave Pasqualicchio Report:
· Come One, Come All…Our Annual Pasta Dinner will be held on Thursday Nov. 14th @ 6:00pm. Come for some pasta and meatballs, a few jokes and no, I repeat NO auction items will be had! Just a relaxing night with some family and friends. An opportunity for the F.V.A. to make a few bucks to help with the yearly expenses. (Note: There will be a special presentation/tribute to Dave Mills, one of our good friends who is retiring. Come join us in saying Thank You!)
· Holidays Are Right Around the Corner…actually pretty much near. Let’s enjoy the beautiful colors of autumn before the winter snow is upon us once again.
· Well Another Year Passes… and the election of officers is here once again. With the traditional calling of the votes by the legendary Rob Newton (longtime friend of the F.V.A.), here are the officers for the next year….
President: Dave Pasqualicchio (Grandpa Dave),
First Deputy: Leo Bonola,
Vice President: Rick Leach,
Treasurer: Mary Jane Lindquist,
Secretary: Bill Lozito (CACO Print).
Now that it’s over, we proceed to enhance Forestville, keeping with the quaint village that we are.
· C’mon… can we get a better effort on this year’s turkey shoot? Just $25 for 25 slices. Come pick up a sheet! Every little bit helps.
· Mohegan Sun Bus Trip… The F.V.A.’s biggest fundraiser of the year 2020! First come, first serve…all present board the bus on Saturday, January 4th @ 2pm. Cost is $35 per person and don’t forget about the Nuchies reunion which starts at noon for an additional $10. This is a great way to start the new year!
· 2nd Annual Indoor Carol Sing… Come one, come all! A kickoff to the most wonderful time of the year…Christmas! Will be held on Wednesday December 18th at 6:30pm. Come sing some songs, hear some stories and of course….see Santa! A fun time for the whole family!
· Monthly Meeting Time… What do you think about moving the meeting to lunch time vs. evenings?
· FVA Website…You can visit us at www.fvact.org Have you looked lately? Lots of info! Anyone interested in updating?
City Village Report:
· City Councilors: (Dave Mills)
Thank you for all the nice cards and for attending my retirement party. There is no need to apologize if you were unable to attend. Thank you to Dave Pasqualicchio for his kind works and generosity at the retirement party. I can’t thank you enough!
I highly recommend attending an F.V.A. monthly meeting. I was always very impressed with the meeting turnout. It is a great source of village information and you will usually find 15-30 people attending. Let’s keep it going!
Today marks 6 years since I lost my wife JoAnn. Thank you for helping me through it.
I have an opportunity to be involved with a non-profit organization called “Team Impact” which is co-founded by BSHOF 2016 inductee Jay Calnan. The mission of “Team Impact” is to connect and cultivate meaningful relationships between college athletic teams and children diagnosed with life-threatening diseases. If you would like to learn more about Team Impact or would like to get involved, you can visit goteamimpact.org for additional information.
Route 6 looks good as work there is wrapping up! it troubles’ me that a school is going to close due to the Blvd. Magnet School and not knowing what school that is.
Thank you again, it has been terrific and I now look forward to spending more time with my 9 grandchildren.
· First Deputy, Leo Bonola (Remarks) –
Thank you Dave & Mike for a great job on the Friends of Forestville Luncheon. As usual, you did more than you had to!
Get on the bus this January 4th!
Join us for the Pasta Dinner on Nov. 14th!
I did the right thing on bringing back the raffle gift certificate last month and Bell City welcomed the opportunity! Thank you Bell City Diner!
Monthly Drawing Winner: Robley Newton - $20 Gift Certificate to 150 Restaurant
· Vice President, Rick Leach: (fearless leader) –
Veterans Day is Nov. 11th with ceremony beginning at 1pm. I have been involved with this ceremony for the past 12 years and I am not in the best health and would like to pass it along. My hope is that Post 209 would take it over starting in 2020.
Nice job with the flags displayed on 9/11. Thank you Frank Owsianko…we appreciate you and your dad would be so proud!
Thank you for all the cards!
· John Gianoni (Pine Lake Commissioner, FLL) –
Things are in the works for clean-up of the area behind Superior Electric to Pine Lake. It will require the removal of approx. 600 trees and the removal of a foot of soil running the entire area. The worst part in behind Superior Electric. The city has a long way to go to secure the necessary permits. We are at least a year away, but all in all it should help beautify the area, along with a possible Bike Trail. Superior will be picking up the tab for the pollution. A company from Ohio will be doing the work and are still many more permits to be pulled
· Bruce Barton (Legionnaire of the Year) (Post 209) –
· Lt. Mark Morello (Community relations officer) -
Correspondence Report: Maryellen Holden
- Note of Thanks – Received from Linda Lubrico for the F.V.A.’s generous donation of $300 to the Miss Forestville Scholarship.
- Note of Thanks – Received from Quinn Vontell for the F.V.A. $1000 Scholarship
- Get Well Sent – To Gail Leach
Treasurer Report: Mary Jane Lindquist –
All accounts are in good standing. All monthly reports are available at Nuchies.
Membership 2019: Mary Jane Lindquist
2019 Totals: Family – 67, Business – 45. (always room for improvement)
Take a look around your area. Wind is blowing…leaves are falling and it’s time for property clean up. Please do your part by keeping your property in good shape and try and help the people around you.
· Historical Marker #7: Manross Library Is next on the docket.
· Historical Marker #8: Betty Boukus, to be placed in the Honor Circle (need info)
· Pasta Dinner – Nov. 14th @ 6PM
· Mohegan Sun Bus Trip – Jan. 4th, 2020
Upcoming Events 2019:
· Annual Carol Sing – Wednesday Dec. 18th @ 6:30pm
Note of Correction: Last month’s newsletter incorrectly identified the winner of the 2019 City Championship.
*Please note that Forestville Little League Dodgers were LL City Champions for 2019 beating McCabe Waters. (Clarification provide by Rob Newton)
Next Meeting –Wednesday November 13th, 2019 @ Nuchie’s – Meeting Time 5:30pm
If you have not already renewed your membership, please renew by sending your check payable to…. Forestville Village Association, c/o Mary Jane Lindquist, 81 Spark Avenue, Forestville, CT. 06010
Individual/ Family- $20.00_____, Non-Profit- $25.00______, Business - $50.00_______
Voluntary Donation - $________
Let us remember to support the businesses and non- profit organizations, who support us!
Albert & Korn, CPA’s
Hillside Community Church
Allied Sanitation, Inc.
Korean Veterans Association Bristol
American Clock & Watch Museum
Martel Home Improvement, LLC
American Legion Forestville Post 209
Arf Arf Grooming, LLC
M.R. Home Care, Inc.
Atlantic Precision Spring, Inc.
Nye Insurance Agency
Black Bear Auto, LLC
O’Brien Funeral Home
Bristol Instrument Gears, Inc.
One Fifty Central
Bristol Police Union
Peter Roberge Painting Company
Broad Street Self Storage
Red Shed Christmas Trees
CACO Print Productions, LLC
RB Transmissions, LLC
City True Value Hardware
Rt. 72 Liquors
Costello Landscaping, LLC
Scarritt Spas & Hot Tubs, LLC
Classic Plumbing By Reno
SERVPRO of Bristol
Crowley Auto Group
DTF Remodeling, LLC.
St. Joseph Polish Society
St. Matthew R.C. Church
The Healing Corner
Forestville Lawn Care
Ultimate Wireforms, Inc.
Forestville Little League
Tollman Spring Co.
Hartford County Tattoo
United Way of W.C. CT
Webster Bank – Forestville
Always Accepting Membership Dues