Minutes / Newsletter
September 16th, 2020
President, Dave Pasqualicchio Report:
· Well Well Well…Greetings to all! I hope everyone is doing well! It has been a long time coming and I’ve missed you all. It is a wonderful surprise to see the amount of members who came out tonight.
· A Lot Has Changed…since we last gathered. Life is so different and so unexpected. I constant series of changes….
During Covid, on July 24th, my twin sister Debbie passed away unexpectedly. The F.V.A. Membership was so kind, thoughtful and caring during this difficult time. So many cards received and wonderful donations made to the Bristol Boys and Girls Club in her memory. Thank you so much! You are such a great group!
Also, due to Covid restrictions, Nuchies has decided to close its doors after 44 years of serving the Central CT Community. Known for its character, friendly service, good wholesome food and reasonable pricing…Nuchies will be missed by all.
My wife and I are on the move again! We have left the Diplomat on Stafford Ave., and moved into our new home located at 181 French St., Bristol.
· F.V.A. Cost Savings…It is my recommendation that we curtail our insurance premiums. With the fact that we no longer engage in any outside events and with a laid back, limping through approach, the cost savings would really help.
· Election of Officers…Yes…it is the October Fall election of Officers and I am calling on Rob Newton to do the official roll call. Any other nominations for the Office of President, V.P., Secretary and Treasurer?
· Thinking About… A Fall Pasta Auction Fundraiser, possibly at 150 Restaurant. The F.V.A. needs to continue raising money to continue our community commitment.
· Finally… I will call the Bus Company to inquire about the protocols on a 2021 Mohegan Sun Bus Trip. All In? More info to come.
· FVA Website…You can visit us at www.fvact.org Have you looked lately? Lots of info! Anyone interested in updating?
City Village Report:
· City Councilor: (Mary Fortier) – (President Dave Notes): A surprise visit from councilor Mary Fortier, reminding the group that she is our Forestville Representative and is now running for State Senate. Her common sense approach along with her time serving the city, make for an interesting election run.
What a beautiful mural we now have on our Main St. Thank you to artist Corey Pane for your vision and the City Arts and Cultural Commission for making it happen.
Renovating of the Arts Magnet School is scheduled to be completed by Sept. 2022.
The Carrier Building Apartments on Main St. are looking great! There will be 40 units available for rent.
The City was faced with a situation after the unbelievable summer storm. There were more than 350 trees down, which presented a very big task for many residents, as well as the Public Works Dept.
First Deputy, Leo Bonola (Remarks) – I vote we go with the bus trip! Check on the guidelines and let’s do it! Something is better than nothing. (Presidents Notes): Leo is still going strong and is still involved with all happenings. You can’t keep a good man down!
Vice President, Rick Leach: (fearless leader) – I also agree that we should move forward with seeing what is involved with getting this Bus Trip to happen. We need more people to keep it going.
John Gianoni (Pine Lake Commissioner, FLL) - Pine Lake clean-up is going well. The plan to replant trees will happen when dredging and removal of the tainted soil is completed. Note: What I was told early on, is not exactly what is taking place.
Bruce Barton (Post 209) – No Report
Lt. Mark Morello (Community relations officer) - No Report
Christine Levesque (FVA Scholarship) – A check, along with a congratulations letter has been sent out to our 2020 Scholarship recipient.
Correspondence Report: Maryellen Holden (Reported by Penny)
- Note of Congratulations – To Lt. Alan Rudolewicz of Engine 3 for his commendation and promotion.
- Note of Congratulations – To Lt. Mark Flynn of Engine 3, for being promoted to Fire Chief
- Get Well Sent – to John Pompei
- Get Well Sent – to Joan Trafford
- Mass Card Sent – to Dave Pasqualicchio and family for the passing of sister Debbie
- Note of Thanks Received – from Steve Krenicki (Family of Debbie Krenicki)
- Note of Thanks Received – from President Dave (for Sister Debbie)
Treasurer Report: Mary Jane Lindquist –
The bills are being paid, but donations are down due to family and business renewals, or lack thereof. (Presidents Notes): Good job MJ…As Always!
All accounts are in fairly good standing. All monthly reports are still available at Nuchies.
Membership 2020: Mary Jane Lindquist
2020 Totals: Family – 37, Business – 33.
It is never too late to pay your 2020 dues. Every offering sure does help!
Still at it, although a little difficult when not working at Nuchies daily. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being beautiful) I would say we are like a 6. A little help from all is so important to overall appearance.
· Historical Marker #7: Manross Library – Completed! Marker and Walkway have been installed, with landscaping completed. A picture with library board members is being setup with the Bristol Press.
· Historical Marker #8: Betty Boukus, to be placed in the Honor Circle. In Process.
· Historical Marker #9: Possibly Fletcher Property? Vote on at October Meeting.
Fundraising 2020: - Pasta Supper? Date TBA
Upcoming Events 2020: - TBD
Don't forget to do your part and Cast Your Vote on Nov.3rd!!
Next Meeting –Wednesday October 21st, 2020 @ Nuchie’s
Meeting Time 5:30pm